Thursday, February 07, 2008

Midway Milestone

When I made up my mind to return to school and finish my degree, I had virtually no idea what I was getting myself into. The road to my degree certainly had it's obstacles, detours and road blocks. The tunnel was always dark with very little sign of hope on the other end. My family took the worst hit in the attention department. I was even accused of "neglecting" my family and their needs.

But despite the negative energy and painstakingly long nights of studying, crying (at times), and sleepless nights, not to mention missed baseball games and family gatherings, I finally have hit a midway milestone.

I received my Associate of Arts degree in General Studies today from Cypress College. I was thrilled. It even came delivered in a special cardboard envelope marked "DIPLOMA PLEASE DO NOT BEND." Christopher was the first to call me to tell me the news. It certainly made my day.

I am working on obtaining the transfer component for Cal State Fullerton which, after this semester will have earned me the Associate of Arts degree in Liberal Studies (the transfer equivalent to my AA degree in General Studies, the only difference is one class - Statistics).

I can breathe a sigh of relief...for now.

Just 2, 3 or so years to go before I achieve the biggest goal of my life: to obtain my Bachelor of Arts Degree.

This is, by far, one of the proudest moments of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home