Friday, March 24, 2006

Pet Peeve to Awkward Silence

Pet Peeves:

We all have them. Something that just makes us ticked. If there's nothing worse than getting a wrong phone number call, it's arguing with the caller. Listen, you called me remember? I'm telling you there is no Abernathy here. Don't get snippy with me mister. The very fact that I'm spending more than 30 seconds now on the phone explaining that I am not Abernathy or Abernathy's niece, wife or sister...Abernathy isn't here. And NO...I don't have his new number! And yet another pet peeve is getting those fax machine phone calls. It irritates me to no end that you cannot yell back at the caller. Who will listen? That ear-piercing high decibal annoying BEEP...BEEP...BEEP...BEEP. Here's something. How many of us have experienced those short and sometimes endless bouts of awkward silence? In an elevator is the worst. Or how about in a public restroom where you thought you had the porcelain throne to yourself and someone comes in the next stall. I sometimes even find myself holding my breath wondering if they can tell by my shoes who's in here. You gotta breathe sometime. Shoot...when are they going away? Another awkward silence moment is at the eye doctor when they have some apparatus tool in their hand and they tell you to look at one end of the room; some corner you already can't make out because you're blind as a bat and that's why you're there in the first place. So, while they shine this blinding bright light in your eye, you are about 2 inches away from the doctor. God! Do you breathe or what? God-forbid, don't exhale. Quick, what did I eat for lunch?

Darn jalapenos. Don't hold your breath too long...you might gag and that will be the end of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home