Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Words of the Day

I have a white board at home in which I write the family's schedule for the week. On the top of the white board, I have the letters "W.O.D." which stands for "Word of the Day". Every week I randomly select and write a new word on the board and the kids' responsibility is to look it up, tell me the definition, and to use it in a sentence. Pretty simple.A friend at work sent me this list of W.O.D.'s:

ASSMOSIS: The process by which some people seem to absorb success and advancement by kissing up to the boss rather than working hard.
SEAGULL MANAGER: A manager who flies in, makes a lot of noise, craps on everything, and then leaves.
BLAMESTORMING: Sitting around in a group discussing why a deadline was missed or a project failed and who was responsible.

(Not exactly kid-friendly, but funny as heck!!!)

W.O.D.: PRICELESS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home