Friday, July 28, 2006

Forgotten Art

Sadly, while in the midst of changing majors from Music Education to Communications, it pained me to know that my piano would be taking a back seat and giving way to all things multi-media, journalism, photography, and communications. It's not a bad thing, really, just a sad thing. To make up for some lost time, I remove the dust cover and plop down on my chair (the bench is nowhere to be found) and start playing some ol' familiar tunes. Fittingly, there's a piano book I own called "I Used to Play the Piano" chock-full of, well, ol' familiar tunes I used to play while learning how to play the piano. Duh. Songs like "The Entertainer," "Fur Elise," "The Spinning Song," and the family-favorite "Take Me Out To The Ballgame." Well, it's not a total loss - at least I can still play, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home